Cookstown Motor Club are delighted to announce that the Circuit of Ireland 2023 will be sponsored by Millburn Concrete, a newly acquired company in the District by husband and wife team, Aishling and Mark Donnelly. Many rally people will know Mark as he has won both of the first Forestry rallies in Ireland in 2023, Killarney and then the Spring rally at Fivemiletown. Mark and Aishling are a very busy couple juggling their successful business work, some rallying and most importantly a young family. Cookstown Motor Club very much appreciate Aishling and Mark supporting the Circuit of Ireland at such short notice. Running on 8th April, the rally has a full entry of 120 cars will have 4 stages run twice in the greater Cookstown area.
The Ulster Automobile Club are delighted to announce that we have two new title sponsors, Hytera Communications and Patterson’s Electronics.
Hytera Communications, are a leading global provider of professional radio communications equipment and solutions. They are dedicated to bringing the most value-added and user-centric solutions to organisations across the world, with a portfolio of devices, systems and software applications to offer voice, video and data services, providing fast, safe and reliable connectivity solutions for mission-critical communications.
Ian Culbert, Managing Director of Patterson Electronics Ltd stated ‘We have been supplying the Ulster Automobile Club with Hytera two-way radio solutions for several years for their events, including Craigantlet Hill Climb. We are delighted to be given the opportunity this year, in association with Hytera Europe Ltd, to also provide financial support for this event, we are looking forward to a safe and exciting day of motorsport’.
Craigantlet Hill Climb Clerk of the Course Wilson Carson commented, ‘The Club have been working with Ian for many years now and we are thrilled to welcome Hytera a global communications organisation as a title sponsor on the club’s premier event. The event relies on a lot of generous support from other sponsors and volunteers without whom our flagship event would not be the success it is – thanks to everyone involved. We look forward to seeing you at the Hill on 29th April 2023.’
Please click on the link below to download the regulations for the event.
Attention All Members
Our 97th AGM will be held in Shandon park Golf Club on Wednesday 29th March 2023 at 7:30 p.m. Please come and join us, catch up with folks you haven’t seen for a while and enjoy some craic! Relevant paper work, nomination forms, minutes of previous AGM, etc., can be downloaded below using the password which has been emailed to you.
96th AGM Minutes
AGM Current Members of Council 2022-2023
AGM Nomination of Office Bearers 2023
AGM Secretary’s Annual Report 2022
AGM Proposed Articles of Association update 2023
Our current Articles of Association were last updated over 25 years ago and don’t meet the current standards required by the 2006 Companies Act, hence the need for an update.
The UAC is seeking members approval at the Annual General Meeting to adopt updated Articles of Association.
The key points about the new Articles are as follows:
- Management of the Club will be by a Board of Directors with each Director having equal voting rights.
- The general rule for decision making by the Board is that it must be by a majority decision at a meeting. The Chair has a casting vote if the vote is tied.
- The Board will consist of between five and ten persons who are club members and are elected at an Annual general Meeting.
- The Directors elected to the Board shall include a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
- There is no Vice-Chairman. If the chairman cannot attend a meeting the participating Directors must appoint one of themselves to chair the meeting.
- A President and up to six Vice-presidents can be appointed. They must be Club members and are NOT members of the Board of Directors.
- The proposed update of the Articles commit the Club to putting in place a new complaints procedure within six months.
AGM 2023 – End of Year Accounts for 2022